1) Why does Jefferson retire to Monticello by 1794?
2) With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
3) What governmental position does Alexander Hamilton hold?
4) Of what descent is Hamilton?
5) Who does Patsy marry?
6) How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
7) Who does Patsy convess to lovign more than her husband?
8_ Why is it diffucult for Patsy to love her husband?
9) Who does Polly marry?
10) When does Polly die?
11) Who is deeply in debt most of his adult life?
12) What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
13) Besides slaves, what else does Jefferson inherite from his father-in-law's estate?
14) How would you describew Jeffersona's lifestyle
15) Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does jefferson equate to land?
16) What does Jefferson decide to plant in the place of tobacco?
17) What is the end result of this planting and why?
18) What is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise?
19) Jefferson's nail-making laborer's are compared to what author's characters?
20) How many slaves does Jefferson own at this point of his life?
21) What is Jefferson's most liquid asert?
22) How does Jefferson refer to his slaves?
23) What family is allowed to live at Mulberry Row and shy?
24) What is Mulberry Row?