1) Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
2) Who claims this president? (political thinkers)
3) Who do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
4) What do both Franklin D. Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
5) What does the author find surprising about an eveing devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
6) Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
7) Who is Sally Hemings?
8) Who is reportedly the father of Sally Hemings?
9) Regarding Sally Hemings, of what is Jefferson reguarlarly accused?
10) What issue does Ellis dismiss as "slanderous assaults?"
11) What is presentism?
12) How does Ellis feel about presentism?
13) Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
14) What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
15) Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
16) What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nations?
17) How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
18) What is the reason the authro gives for the contradiction between Jefferson's opinion of slavery and his owning of slaves?
19) How is having an affair and fathering children with a slave viewed by people of Jefferson's day?
20) What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
21) What tests proves that Ellis's beliefs that a dalliance is completely out of character of Jefferson is incorrect?
22) How does Jefferson arrive in Philadelphia for the first Continental Congress?
23) Why is little knowna bout Jefferson's early history?
24) Where does Jefferson attend college?
25) What does Jefferson study in college?
26) What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
27) What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
28) What is the cuase of friction for Jefferson?
29) To what is Jefferson compared at an elaborate dinner party?
30) What is a key faced of Jefferson's personality?
31) How does Jefferson feel about spirited debates?
32) How would Jefferson have gone through life, if his pamphlet had not been publiched?
33) How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
34) How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
35) Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
36) On what are several of Jefferson's arguements based?
37) What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionists history he writes?
38) What is the Boston Tea Party?
39) What does Jefferson idealize?
40 How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
41) What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
42) To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
43) Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity of?
44) When it comes to Jeffersons' writings, what does he not like?